- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch (available at the supermarket in the baking aisle and also called corn flour - it's the same thing)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tempera paint (optional) NOTE you can use food colouring but don't use too much or it will stain hands. We reommend GREEN for a great crocodile swamp!
- A medium size mixing bowl
1. To make your oobleck, add the cornstarch and water into a bowl and begin mixing together with your hands. It won't really work to use a spoon, so get in there!
2. When it is starting to come together, start adding your paint/ food colouring. Work it in so the colour is consistent.
3. Add more cornstarch/ water until you believe the consistency is right. It should be not quite a liquid and not quite a solid. It should feel similar in consistency to honey, but then sort of tear if you pull it apart quickly.
Once you have your oobleck base, add to the bottom of a sensory tray - a roasting tray or drink tray can both work well! Add in some folliage, dirt (if you don't plan on reusing the oobleck) and a crocodile!
If you want to store your oobleck, simply pop into a covered container. The mixture will probably separate a bit, but just use your hands to knead it back together!
x BookiebooContinue reading